Monday, March 14, 2011

pokeymans

C'mon, kiddos. Pull up a chair.

Today, I'm going to talk about a very common illness that artists can come down with from time to time. It happens when somebody who's arted things for a while comes across a piece they've drawn a long while ago that they have decided to use for something once again, and proceeds to launch into a perfectionist frenzy not unlike a cloud of pirahnas. Symptoms include squinting, putting hands to face in a covering motion, grimacing, drawing back from the art as if in pain, and outbursts such as "OH GOD THE FEET, HOW THE HELL ARE THOSE SUPPOSED TO BE FEET", "WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THIS SUCKED SO BAD?", and "RRRRRRRGHH".

It's a tragic situation many suffer through in silence, much like diabetes, or wicked dog farts. And what's more, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Yes, this is mainly why your humble doodle wrangler hasn't had hot doodle stew ready on the table when you come home at night lately. Because the meatloaf I wanted to make you came from a years-old recipe where all the anatomy was drawn at weird, unpracticed angles and I didn't think to draw anything from reference and 'fingers' were strange, alien things best left unmentioned, and it pretty much tasted like microwaved hell whenever I'd try whipping up a batch. And I know I can do better than that, so to prove it I've had you go without supper until I can make a batch that really blows your socks off.

So in case it's not obvious: I'M ONLY STARVING YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. Y'know, like that time your aunt tried babysitting that cousin nobody brings up anymore, and the nice police folks came and had a chat with her for a while.


Also, the dry spell lately does not have anything whatsoever to do with the subject below, especially the new video game that came out last week, absolutely nothing at all no sir nuh uh.

Photobucket


...well maybe just a little tiny bit

No comments:

Post a Comment